You will require a USB stick that has its file system in a 'NTFS' format. The USB stick would have to be inserted into the USB port found at the back of your Netgem TV device and initialised. For more information on how to format your USB, please click here.
Please feel free to download and watch our recording video (located at the bottom of the page) or go through the steps below to solve your query.
You can start a recording when on a live channel, by:
1. Pressing the ‘OK’ button on your remote control, which would bring up an information panel at the bottom of your TV screen.
2. Select the 'Record' option on that information panel. (This option will not appear if the USB stick is not inserted into your Netgem TV device).
3. You now have the option to record a 'Series' or 'This episode'. Select 'This episode' to record the episode you are currently watching or select 'Series' to schedule a recording of every episode of that series, as it goes live.
4. Once a recording is complete, it will become available to watch under 'Last Recorded Programmes'. This section can be found on the 'Recordings' avenue, of your Netgem TV device.
Alternatively, you may schedule a recording through your TV guide:
1. Open the 'TV guide' using the 'TV guide' button on your remote control.
2. Navigate to the series episode you would like to record and select it using the 'OK' button on your remote control.
3. Select the 'Record' option that appears near the top of your screen.
4. You will have the option to record a 'Series' or 'Episode'. Select the option you prefer.
5. Recording will start as soon as the episode becomes live.
6. Recorded episodes will be available for you to watch under the 'Recordings' avenue of your Netgem TV device.
Important note: For scheduled recordings and series recordings, please be mindful that you cannot record while watching live TV channels from Freeview. Also, it occupies space on your USB Memory stick.